How have different schools of varying sizes and geographical locations successfully implemented the Summit Learning Program for their students? This week on the Summit Sparks podcast, four school leaders share their best practices for implementing the Program with fidelity and also for ending the school year strong.
This end-of-the-year episode also features advice from seasoned school leaders for newcomer school leaders attending Summit Learning’s regional summer training for the first time in June and July.
Find this and all episodes at SummitSparks.org.
Who Will I Hear in this Episode?
Listed in order as heard in the podcast are interviewees:
- Rebecca Harmon, Associate Principal at Bailey Bridge Middle School
- Christine Joseph, Principal at Franklin Middle School
- Nicole Dice, Principal at Turkeyfoot Valley Area School
- Melanie Knowles, Principal at Bailey Bridge Middle School
What Will I Learn From Listening?
This episode brings thoughts and insights about:
- Why team composition and unity are essential first steps before implementation;
- How investing energy in creating a pre-implementation plan and aligning with your school’s mission and vision will save time once the school year begins;
- What to consider when creating an onboarding plan for students and parents, and ways to communicate with parents and other key stakeholders throughout the year;
- Why making time to give positive recognition of students’ achievements is essential to ending the school year strong.
Did you enjoy this episode? Leave the Summit Sparks podcast a review on iTunes and help others find us!