We’re excited to share that the application to partner with Summit Learning in the coming school year is now open!
Through partnership with schools across the country, we provide teachers with tools and resources to educate students in a variety of creative and innovative ways. Through hands-on projects, teachers show students how to apply lifelong skills — such as collaborating with a team, interpreting data, and presenting persuasive arguments. Teachers also empower students to set goals and self-direct some of their learning. All of which builds skills that help students thrive throughout their lives. In addition to those roles, teachers serve as mentors, providing one-on-one support through weekly meetings.
If this sounds like the kind of teaching and learning you’re hoping to see in your school, consider applying to partner with us in the coming year.
Everything you need to know to apply
Timeline and Process
- You can see important dates in the Summit Learning application process between now and January on our website. We also highly recommend attending one of our webinars. You’ll have the chance to hear from our team and partners about what Summit Learning is, how schools successfully implement the program, and how to apply.
- Be sure to fill out an Interest Form. This is the first stage of the application process and lets our team know that you’re interested in partnering with us. After our team reviews your interest form — to confirm your school meets initial criteria — we’ll invite you to complete the application.
- Work with your team to complete the full application by February 1, 2020. This will include questions for the school leader and teaching team members. We suggest using the questions as a guide for reflection and planning. Teams that invest time in collaboration and planning up-front have stronger applications and more successful starts the following year.
- When you pass the second phase of the application process, you’ll complete onboarding work to get ready for Summer Training, where we’ll give you a comprehensive breakdown of how to implement Summit Learning effectively at your school.
- What are we looking for in our applicants? Our strongest partnerships are with those who have a full understanding of our model, believe in building comprehensive student development outcomes for all students, and have a unified commitment and readiness to adopt the model in your community.
Applying Past Learnings to Current Application Process
Our process is built on what we’re learned from working with schools and districts over the years. That’s why the application process is starting earlier than ever and our team will review applications on a rolling basis. This is to ensure that teams have sufficient time to invest in the pre-work process to prepare for Summer Training and implementation the following year.
In addition, we’ll be offering more opportunities to engage with and learn from current partner schools and districts. We hope their stories and experience will inspire and inform your own work to bring Summit Learning to your community.
Ready to get started?
Review Getting Started with Summit Learning to learn more or
Complete an Interest Form today!