Through the Summit Learning program, we offer a complete, customizable, and standards-aligned curriculum for grades 4-12 in core subjects. Our curriculum includes hands-on projects, teaching and learning resources, as well as assessments—all of which are customizable by educators.
Our Base Curriculum
The 2021-22 Base Curriculum is composed of courses in English, math, science, and social studies. Within each subject area and grade level, there are recommended courses for schools to adopt. These courses represent the highest-quality and most up to date material in the Base Curriculum.
Hear from student Zoey Kaneer about how she gained confidence through the Exploring Poetry Project.
Through our Base Curriculum, we are committed to:
- Relevance and skill development: Our recommended curriculum aims to connect students to real world experiences and build transferable skills.
- Alignment to standards: Our recommended curriculum is aligned to national standards and each course is designed to provide the necessary coverage of standards within a given academic year.
- Differentiation: In the recommended projects and units, teachers have access to differentiated scaffolds to assign to students based on data and previous performance.
- Classroom experiences: Our recommended curriculum is designed to maximize engagement and the facilitation of the types of learning experiences aligned to a project-based learning environment.
Check out this step-by-step guide from Dr. Hope Blecher on how she tailored a project for her class!
Meeting the needs of your local community
Just as no two students are the same, no two communities are the same. We understand and support our partner schools to make adjustments to curriculum and projects to fit the needs of their students, schools, and communities.
To help you make these adjustments, we offer a curriculum that is fully customizable. With our curriculum, teachers can:
- Choose from a wide variety of projects
- Edit those projects to meet their students’ needs
- Create their very own new projects!
Click here to check out the exciting Base Curriculum updates for the 2021-22 school year!